Friday, November 19, 2004

Odds And Ends

The other day I was reading the comment section on another blog. One commenter said that spelling was irrelevant as it didn’t matter how one spelled a word, as long as others understood what you were talking about.

This may be true in casual communications, but I got a job one time simply because I was the only person who had spelled everything correctly on the application form.

___________________

There are many reasons why I am a liberal, but I’ll give you an abbreviated version here. In a liberal society, people are always free to be more conservative in their private lives, but in a conservative society, people are not always free to be more liberal.

___________________

I've always thought that instead of demanding sameness, that we should be able to come together in our differences.

Humanity is a big jigsaw puzzle that doesn't need all the pieces to be the same size and shape in order to fit together.

___________________

Actors shouldn’t become politicians, and politicians shouldn’t become actors.

___________________

Stupid people are always ignorant, but ignorant people are not always stupid.

No comments: