Friday, December 24, 2004

Name That Tune

Name the song and musician, and I'll highlight correct answers.

1. ‘Til so much cavalry came/and tore up the tracks again.

2. Fly the ocean in a silver plane/See the jungle when it’s wet with rain

3. If you see me coming/Better step aside/A lot of men didn’t/A lot of men died

4. Well, our fathers fought the Second World War/Spent their weekends on the Jersey shore

5. Gazing at people/Some hand in hand/Just what I’m going through/they can’t understand

6. Your love gives me such a thrill/But your love don’t pay my bills

7. I was born on the back seat/of a Greyhound bus/Going down highway 41

8. Oh, your Daddy’s rich/And your Ma is good looking

9. I’m a man of means/By no means

10. They go to a lake of fire and fry/Won’t see them again until the Fourth of July

11. The words of the Prophets/Are written in the subway walls

12. She stands five feet four/From the head to the ground

13. And when he died/All he left us was alone

14. Go tell your children/Not to do/what I have done

15. Open up the window, sucker/and let me catch my breath

16. And I wonder if he's ever had a day of fun in his whole life

17. Pop me down /Jack me up /Shoot me out /Headin down the highway

18. And I need you more than want you/And I want you for all time

19. Been away so long I hardly knew the place/Gee it’s good to be back home

20. If I look hard enough into the settin' sun /My love will laugh with me before the mornin' comes

21. You can think about the woman/Or the girl you knew the night before.

22. Ain't no way I'm a bustin my ass and gettin no pay

23. We ain´t got much/But what we got´s ours

24. Startin' soft and slow like a small earthquake/And when he lets go half the valley shakes

25. Engineer boots, leather jackets, and tight blue jeans

No comments: