Monday, May 16, 2005

Memories in Souvenirs

What follows is an exercise from one of my books about writing:

Imagine that you have died and a civil committee has been appointed to select some souvenirs from your life, things you used, wore, possessed, received. What will be found in the display from some of the key points in your life?

Ok, here goes.

A box of Legos

A clam shell from Newport, RI

A basketball

My high school jacket with the varsity letter for band

A photo of my parents

My Afghan hound's leash

A pair of black engineer boots

A Philly cheesesteak hoagie from South Jersey

A pair of Lee jeans

An unabridged dictionary

The acceptance letter for Berklee College of Music

A box of condoms

A rubber band for my hair

My son's first pair of cowboy boots

My badge from the PD

A black leather jacket

The deed to my house

The keys to my car

Pictures of my cats

My handwritten journals

A CD of my blog archives

I probably could think of more, but this is what I came up with off the top of my head.

No comments: