Monday, November 7, 2005

More Songs I Love To Hate

I've written before of music and musicians I love to hate. I've mentioned how Mariah Carey and Minnie Riperton both sound as if they've got their feet caught in a bear trap while they're singing and of how Cher sounds like she's in pain, yelling out her songs.

I've got two new songs that have earned their way into my "Songs I Love to Hate" hall of fame:

"A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson

She makes this odd, grunty sound several times while singing this song. It sounds as if she was sitting on a toilet trying to relieve some major constipation while recording this song. Ugh.


"Man! I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain

First thing about this song -- a totally moronic title. What else would a woman feel like? A tree? And how would she know what being a man feels like in comparison?

Aside from the idiot lyrics of this song, Shania makes this weird yipping sound several times in the song. Hmm, does feeling like a woman have any similarity to feeling like a dog to her??

No comments: