Friday, March 10, 2006

This and That

My son recently came to me and asked me to read a position paper he'd written for a high school friend. I read it and found it to be informative, well organized, and presented in a logical fashion. It wasn't perfect, there were some rough edges with the language, but that was OK. If it were too perfectly written, his friend's teacher would more easily get suspicious.

He reminded me of myself doing that, as I once wrote a paper for a lover getting her Master's degree. Got her an A, too.

I hope my son's friend gets an equally good grade.
______________________

Recently, I heard a radio commercial for a local attorney. He mentioned that he specialized in "divorce and doptions".

WTF is a doption? I know that he meant adoption, but it boggled my mind that he would mispronounce such a common word in an advertisement.

I once knew a guy who said "abortion" as "dabortion", but he was 14 when he thought that. This attorney has no excuse.
______________________

I've heard of married couples "renewing their vows" and having another wedding ceremony in front of preacher, a reception; the whole nine yards.

I don't get this. To me, it's kind of like cleaning a bathroom that's already clean.
_______________________

I got a terrible paper cut last night, right under my right thumbnail. I bled like a stuck pig for awhile, bleeding through two bandaids. And the sucker throbbed for hours, keeping me from getting a good night's sleep. It's better now, though, but I think I'm going to go
get a nap.

No comments: