Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Odds and Ends


The other night, while out driving around, I got behind a large, black pickup truck that had a mural of the New York City skyline painted on its raised tailgate. I glanced at the license plate, which read "BEDSTUY", which is, of course, a neighborhood in NYC. Apparently, the owner is a homesick New Yorker.
_______________

Speaking of license plates, mine contains the letters "FWS". Considering my initials are "WS", I've always thought of these letters as an acronym for "Fuck Will S".

Have any of you ever turn the letters of your license plates into an acronym?
If so, what words did the letters stand for?
_______________

I've seen this homemade commercial on TV for a local lawyer, where the announcer informs viewers that this lawyer specializes in "So-sill" Security cases.

I don't know about you, but I've always said the word "social" as "so-shull", not "so-sill".
_______________

Awhile back, I had a one nighter with a young woman who had a tongue piercing. I hate the damn things and think they're unsanitary. However, I wasn't going to turn down having sex with her just because of this.

I told her I'd have sex with her, but I wouldn't kiss her because of the piercing. Though she didn't like that, she agreed to my terms and it proceeded from there. Nevertheless, the piercing was sufficient grounds for this to remain a one time deal -- I won't be seeing her again.
________________________

"Books are the legacies that a great genius leaves to mankind, which are delivered down from generation to generation as presents to the posterity of those who are yet unborn."
--Joseph Addison

No comments: