Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Restless


I've been feeling restless and antsy for the last week or so, complete with recurrent insomnia. My concentration levels have been down; today I couldn't really think of much to write about.

Fortunately, I know what it is and how to cure it. I've been in near "hibernation mode" all summer; staying inside as much as possible and sticking to seeing regular lovers. When the weather is hot and humid, I feel less adventuresome and tend to fall into familiar routines. If it were possible, I'd not even go to work during the summer.

My restlessness was a sign that it was time for a new lover, a one night stand; someone new. Now that fall is around the corner, I'm ready to shake off the hibernation rut and be on the prowl once again.

I took care of some of that restlessness this afternoon when I made a successful conquest of one the clerks at the bookstore in town. I'd seen her several times before, even engaging in coversation with her a few times. Today, I closed the deal and now I feel a bit better and more relaxed.

No comments: