Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What I've Been Reading Lately


As my regular readers know, I am an avid reader. Following is a short list of what I've been reading lately and what I'm about to read.


American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America
by Chris Hedges

A profile of the Dominionist variety of Christian fundamentalism whose avowed goal is to turn the US into a theocracy. Though the book seemed a bit over the top in some places, it's a book for every American who wishes to preserve the form of government the Founding Fathers established.


Brainless: The Lies and Lunacy of Ann Coulter
by Joe Maguire

As the title suggests, this book is an unflattering portrait of the right-wing pundit. But don't buy this book -- everything in it is available free on the internet. There's no new information here. Worth checking out of the library, however.


Where Have All the Leaders Gone?
by Lee Iacocca

I picked up this book at the library after reading this review. I just started it yesterday, but from what I've read so far, I recommend it highly. Iacocca's common sense observations about the state of our nation make me wonder why someone like Iacocca isn't running for president. I just might have to go to the bookstore and get my own copy of this one.


Moral Minority: Our Skeptical Founding Fathers
by Brooke Allen


This book debunks the mistaken notion put forth by religious fundamentalists that the Founding Fathers intended America to be a Christian nation. I haven't started this one yet, but from flipping briefly through it, it seems like a promising read.

I'd be interested to hear what my readers have been reading lately.

No comments: