Monday, August 27, 2007

Another One Bites the Dust

Like several members of the Bush administration before him, the highly incompetent Attorney General Alberto Gonzales has finally stepped down.

Is it just me, or have an unusually large number of Bush administration members jumped ship just like rats off the Titanic? The Titanic -- what an appropriate metaphor for the entire Bush presidency.

Now, if someone could persuade Dick Cheney to pull an "Agnew" and to resign the Vice-Presidency. Getting rid of him would be worth more than all the others who have resigned before him.

January 20, 2009 can't come fast enough, in my opinion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about politics but I have noticed there doesn't seem to be many of his cronies left. A friend once told me since I don't know a lot about politics, when it comes time to vote, I should think about how things are going in my life. If they are worse then they were before the last president was in office, I should vote for the other party. I guess their theory is right in this case...I'm with you...I can't wait until January 2008!

Anonymous said...

Well, today, I guess a senator was caught in the restroom and arrested for some sexual activity. Not sure what he was accused of doing. But he did plead guilty to it and paid a $500.00 fine.

Oh. He is a Republican.

Libertine said...

Why am I not surprised, Abe?

Anonymous said...

I don't know. He just held a new conference on CNN that I missed so I will have to watch Chris Matthews tonight at 7.

Now they general assumption is that he is another Foley-type. Not my assumption but a republican strategist was toying with the words and trying to dismiss any ideas along those lines.

Anonymous said...

Whoops. Forgot to say, thanks for visiting my blog and commenting.