Friday, October 19, 2007

What I'm Reading Now

I made a run to the library the other day and stocked up on some books I'd been looking to read:


Bastard Out of Carolina
by Dorothy Allison


This book, what I call "bookclub fiction", had been recommended to me by a friend, because it takes place in a town near to where I live now.


The Castle in the Forest: A Novel
by Norman Mailer


This is a fictionalized account of Hitler's childhood, with psychological speculations as to why Hitler turned out the way he did.


11 Days in December: Christmas at the Bulge, 1944
by Stanley Weintraub


This book is about the Battle of Bastogne.


Night
by Elie Wiesel


A classic I'd never gotten around to reading.

Following below are some books that I want to read that I have yet to find either at the library or the bookstore. All of these books are about politics.


The Conscience of a Liberal
by Paul Krugman



The Conservatives Have No Clothes: Why Right-Wing Ideas Keep Failing
by Greg Anrig.



Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders, Priggish Moralists, and other Boneheaded Bureaucrats are Turning America into a Nation of Children
by David Harsanyi

____________________________

What have you been reading lately?

No comments: