Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Wacky Weather

Yesterday, the high temperature record was broken for my area with a daytime high of 79F. Today has been much the same and it's supposed to continue for the next couple of days.

I've had to use my air-conditioner both in the car and in the house. In December. I do live in the south, but I don't live in the tropics, so these temperatures have been at least 20 degrees higher than what is considered seasonal.

People have been commenting on the "beautiful" weather, but I've been grumbling. I don't like summer in July -- I sure as hell don't like it in December. It's taken the Christmas spirit away and looking at Christmas lights while I'm sweating is oddly incongruous, let alone the vision of Santa in swim trunks.

But the wacky weather did have one advantage, as I was able to have an outdoor hookup earlier this afternoon and, with it being December, sans the insects.

But I'm hoping that it will be at least be cold for Christmas even if we can't have snow.

No comments: