Tuesday, February 19, 2008

An Interesting Character

In an IM conversation with a friend this morning, I told her that if I could, I would go out in public wearing my bathrobe and slippers. I can't think of when I'm any more comfortable in clothes than when in my green fleece robe and fur-lined slippers.

This reminded me of a guy who I went to high school with. This guy actually did keep a plaid robe and slippers in his locker and he wore them when hanging out in the bandroom, as most band kids did at every possible free moment. If students had been allowed to smoke, he'd have had a pipe to go along with the robe and slippers.

I hadn't thought about this in years, but I'm laughing, remembering the character he was. He would kind of remind someone of the character Hyde from That 70s Show; he looked a bit like him and his personality was similar. He was an intelligent guy who was fun to hang out with, and he definitely marched the beat of his own drummer. As I remember, he could quickly learn to play any musical instrument put in front of him.

Did any of you go to school with any interesting characters?

No comments: