Monday, April 28, 2008

One Thing I'm Grateful For

Gas prices continue to rise in my area and there seemingly is no end in sight, as the US is expected to hit an unprecedented four dollars a gallon this summer.

I know British and European readers will think Americans are whining (whinging?) over nothing, considering that they've always had high gas prices. However, one must remember that the US does not have a national health care system and 47 million of us have no health insurance, with millions more becoming underinsured, as more companies are either cutting out health insurance altogether or offering inferior plans where one pays more and gets less.

But I am grateful for one thing.

I'm glad I'm driving this:



Instead of this:



It probably costs more to fill the tank of one of these behemoths once than I spend in groceries in a month.

No comments: