Thursday, July 31, 2008

Man Executes Lawn Mower

A couple of weeks ago, an intoxicated man in Milwaukee shot his lawn mower because it wouldn't start.

A neighbor called the police and the man was charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.

After his arrest, the man told the police, "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want."

While this was a stupid thing for him to do, I have to admit that I fully understand how he felt and where he was coming from when he executed the errant Lawn Boy. Any of us who've ever owned a balky lawn mower can identify with him to some point.

Of course, with me, it's computers that get me to feeling homicidal (cybercidal?) more often than lawn mowers.


2 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

You always find the best news stories. That is insane how he got charged with shooting it. People can shoot cans on their property, why not lawn mowers? Then again a man with a temper, letting his lawn mower piss him off, while he is armed? Next it could be a person.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I wanna know why he can't shoot his own lawnmower on his own property, too! I guess he didn't have a licence for the gun?