Monday, January 26, 2009

Quotes and Comments

Drive-in banks were established so most of the cars today could see their real owners.
--E. Joseph Cossman

When the car is worth anything, the bank owns most of it. When you own it, it's not worth anything.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
--John Kenneth Galbraith

This pretty much says it all and is what is behind their opposition to all programs designed to help the less fortunate members of society.

The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in the morning feeling just plain terrible.
--Jean Kerr

As a night owl, I heartily concur with this.

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected from happening.
--Barbara Tober

And as such, are most treasured by those who fear change.

I find it rather easy to portray a businessman. Being bland, rather cruel and incompetent comes naturally to me.
--John Cleese

Has he known some of my former bosses?

Perpetual devotion to what a man calls his business, is only to be sustained by perpetual neglect of many other things.
--Robert Louis Stevenson

Workaholism limits lives. What is the use of all the extra money if you're always either at work or too tired to enjoy it?

Maybe this world is another planet's hell.
--Aldous Huxley

I've never believed in the Christian hell, as I think it's right here on Earth.

I have not lost my mind - it's backed up on disk somewhere.
--Unknown

I know this feeling all too well.

No comments: