Monday, June 6, 2005

An IM Conversation

While talking on IM to Infamous J (who is the woman I'd marry if I were the monogamous type), we were discussing my sexual relationship with my young lover.

She said she couldn't understand why I'd pick a lover from that age bracket, that "I think as a libertine..and someone who is in a relationship just for sex...that would be an age group you'd be very cautious of..simply for that fact..that they are LOOKING for husbands/kids/white picket fences.."

Well, for the most part, she's right, but in this instance, I'm most definitely thinking with my small head, as the young one and I are highly sexually compatible.

If I were the monogamous type, however, I'd not be in a relationship with someone that young. She's a fine young woman who will make a good wife to someone her own age one day, but she and I are at different stages in our lives. I've already done the kid thing...rather unwillingly, I might add...and I don't want any more. Hell, I don't want any grandchildren, let alone more of my own.

I then told J (who I've known 2 years and is 41) that most of my lovers are between 30 and 40. She replied that this was no big surprise to her, that "the 30-40 year olds are the married moms busy with the husband and kids...just your type...no strings...no committments" and "they are busy with them so they can't be bugging you all the time...very loose relationships...no demands on you...and..they have someone else to meet their emotional and financial needs".

Ah, she knows me well. That is precisely how I think. And I think this is the reason why Infamous J is very, very special to me: she knows exactly how I am, yet she loves me anyway.

No comments: