Monday, June 6, 2005

Personality of a Libertine

Today, while surfing the net, I found a site with various types of interesting personality tests.

http://similarminds.com/personality_tests.html

Here are the results of several of the tests I took:

FREUDIAN INVENTORY TEST

Freudian Inventory Results
Genital (56%) you appear to be stuck between a progressive and regressive outlook on life.
Latency (50%) you appear to have a good balance of knowledge seeking and practicality.
Phallic (83%) you appear to have issues with controlling your sexual desires and possibly fidelity.
Anal (40%) you appear to have a good balance of self control and spontaneity.
Oral (53%) you appear to have a good balance of independence and interdependence.
Take Free Freudian Inventory Test
personality tests by similarminds.com

Hmm, this test pegged my libertinism fairly accurately.

ENNEAGRAM TEST

Conscious self
Overall self

The Enneagram is a system which divides all human behavior into nine personality divisions. Your conscious type (main type) is whichever of those nine behaviors you use most, in your case Type 9w8. Your unconscious type (mean type), Type 7w6, is who you are unconsciously, based on the sum influence of all nine behaviors.

Most Enneagram books and tests focus on main type and use an additional "variant" classification (instead of mean type) to account for the influence of all nine behavior types. This is the same thing as mean typing, except instead of 9 delineations, there are only three. Based on your test results your variant is Sexual. So when reading other Enneagram books or websites refer to the Type 9w8, Sexual variant descriptions.

Pegged me right again!
MYERS-BRIGGS TEST
ENFP - "Journalist". Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama. 8.1% of total population.
Well, I DO like to write! I've taken the Myers-Briggs test before on other sites and I usually come up as an INTP. Hmm. I just went back and took the Humanmetrics Myers-Briggs Test and came up INTP again there:

Your Type is
INTP

IntrovertedIntuitiveThinkingPerceiving
Strength of the preferences %
224411

44

You are:

  • slightly expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed thinking personality
  • moderately expressed perceiving personality

Hmm, that indicates to me, that I'm strong on the "NP" part, but right near the border for E/I and F/T. Works for me.

And last, but not least, were my result in the Famous Leader Test:

Again, it was no big surprise that I would score as my fellow libertine, JFK. I half expected to come up as Clinton, but JFK will work. He was a much more elegant libertine than Clinton is, anyway.

No comments: