Friday, July 22, 2005

Stress Relievers

Not feeling terribly inspired today, so I thought I'd do the meme that John Sherck so kindly did not tag anyone with:

Things you enjoy, not because you HAVE to but because you WANT to, even when no one around you want to go out and play. What lowers your stress/blood pressure/anxiety level? Make a list, post it to your journal. And then tag 5 friends and ask them to post it to theirs.

My list was rather similar to John's, but here goes.

  • Having wild, passionate animal sex. But, then, you expected me to include that, hmm?
  • Petting, playing with my cats. I especially like when they'll sleep with me, plastered up against my back, purring madly
  • Listening to the hum of the fan or air conditioner, or the sound of crickets or a passing train while lying in bed waiting to fall asleep
  • Visiting a flea market or bookstore and discovering something I've long looked for.
  • Eating a good meal in the company of friends or lovers, especially "comfort food".
  • Having a long, meaningful conversation
  • Hauling ass on the interstate with the windows down, listening to music with a hard, driving beat cranked up loud.
  • Taking a hot shower or bath, either alone or with a lover. In the dark.
  • Writing, especially when the words just pour out of me.
  • Reading, either for entertainment or for research
  • Surfing the net

No comments: