Thursday, November 3, 2005

Snoring

Snoring. We all hate it and few of us admit to doing it.

I have to admit that I sometimes snore, especially if I'm sick or overtired, but I am in no way a champion, major-league sawer of logs. I could never even begin to compete with my father when it comes to sheer snoring power.

I remember as a kid, seeing a Flintstones episode where Fred snored so badly that his snores kept sucking the bedroom door shut, then blowing it open again. I saw this and thought, "That's my Dad!" If my father had slept facing a door, I'd not have been surprised if he could have done that as well.

After supper every night, he'd conk out in the easy chair while watching TV and his snores nearly brought up snow on the TV! When he went to bed, it was even worse. He could be in his bedroom with the door shut, I could be in mine with my door shut, both of us have fans going in our rooms and I could still hear him. Even with a pillow clamped over my head, the sound got through.

I don't know how my mother put up with it all those years. Which brings me to an inevitable corollary to Murphy's Law: The Snorer Always Falls Asleep First. I've had this to happen to me too many times to believe differently. And for any of you who think nice girls don't snore, you're full of shit. They can and they do. And they always fall asleep first!

Let's hear some of your snoring stories.

No comments: