Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust


Here we are again, at the crossroads of years. One year is used up, with another about to begin. And it seems the older I get, the faster I arrive at this particular place each year.

I can remember when I was a little kid that the year 2000 seemed ridiculously far in the future and it seemed it would be some sort of a Star Trek fantasy by the time I'd get there. But now, 2000 is long gone, quickly receding into the past. And the Star Trek fantasy never quite panned out, despite some interesting advances in technology.

2006 was a rather humdrum year for me; pretty much life as usual not appreciably different from the year before. I would say the thing I did that I'm most proud of in 2006, was to rescue a cat that had been run over by a car and to facilitate her life being saved by the vet I took her to.

I expect 2007 to transpire much in same way as did 2006. Though I don't make resolutions, as I know I'd never keep them, I continue to hope to improve my financial situation by getting something better than the McJob I have now. I'm not holding my breath, however, as my state continues to have one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation.

2006 has been a good blogging year for me. On this blog, I have well over a quarter of a million hits, with 30,000 for just this month alone -- something I never dreamed of when I started this blog in mid-2004. Thanks to everyone who reads and comments here and I hope to see all of you again in 2007.

I lied. There's one resolution I make each year that I never have any trouble keeping: Get laid often!

No comments: