Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Plans or Lack Thereof

My primary lover has decided to fly to her parents' home for Christmas. They've been having serious marital problems this past year, and she believes she needs to go, as it might be their last Christmas spent together as a family.

She doesn't want to leave me behind, but I'd just make it more awkward for her, as neither of her parents approve of our relationship. I couldn't afford to make the trip, both money and time-wise (I only get Christmas Eve and Day off), anyway, and I wouldn't feel comfortable with her paying my way, even though she has offered to. I've urged her to go ahead and have a good Christmas with them, assuring her I'll be fine.

So, my son and I will be spending Christmas alone. He'll probably sleep all day and I'll likely just read and surf the net. Perhaps I'll call my sister on the phone, as I think she's spending the holiday alone as well. I don't know if I'll get to see any other lovers that day, as they all have families to spend the holiday with and, with some of them, I'd be a decidedly unwelcome guest at one of their family gatherings.

Today, my son and I went up to the mall and I bought him his Christmas gifts. Money is tight this year, but I wanted to make sure he had some gifts that he actually wanted. I knew he wanted clothes, but I don't have a good handle on his taste or size, so this is how we do Christmas.

No comments: