Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Quotes and Comments

The sinning is the best part of repentance.
~Arab Proverb


What repentance? The best part is to keep on sinning!

It's pretty hard to be efficient without being obnoxious.
~Kin Hubbard


Those aiming for perfection tend toward anal-retentiveness

In every age "the good old days" were a myth. No one ever thought they were good at the time. For every age has consisted of crises that seemed intolerable to the people who lived through them.
~Brooks Atkinson


With the passage of time, good memories tend to become exaggerated and bad one tend to fade.

Few great men could pass personnel.
~Paul Goodman


Most human resource, aka personnel, departments over-rely on people's resumes; how they look on paper, more than the person themselves.

The good die young - because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
~John Barrymore


Life is meant to be enjoyed and it's more fun off the beaten path than on the straight and narrow.

Preach not to others what they should eat, but eat as becomes you and be silent.
~Epictetus


Do what's right for you and allow others to make that decision for themselves.

Filling out job applications is so depressing. I was filling one out the other day and I got to the part that says "Sex?" Well, I prefer to 'F', but I'm usually alone, so I had to circle 'M'.
--Unknown


Fortunately, this isn't my problem.

Anybody who believes that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach flunked geography.
~Robert Byrne


It's a bit....lower...for me.

Give me chastity and continence, but not just now.
Saint Augustine (354-430)
Confessions, 397-401, VIII, 7


I've seen this particular prayer referred to elsewhere as "The Libertine's Prayer".

No comments: