Saturday, September 29, 2007

Symbolic Dream

Last night I had an interesting dream, the details of which remained with me after I got up to start the day. Usually, I see no clear meaning in my dreams, but this one was different. After going over the dream in my head, the meaning seemed rather obvious to me.

I dreamed that I'd moved into a huge, brick mansion in a semi-rural area. I was out in the driveway on the left side of the house, when I noticed neighbors coming from all over to see who had moved in, to welcome them to the neighborhood. I was getting ready to leave for work and was wearing my dorky pizza uniform.

I waved to the people to let them know where I was, but no one paid me the slightest bit of attention. They continued to wander across my expansive front yard, with some heading to the back.

I called out, but no one gave any indications that they'd heard me. I looked back at my car and it had turned into my old patrol car from the police force. The trunk lid was up and I tried to shut it, but it wouldn't shut. I pulled the lid up and there were two pizza topper signs there that was preventing the trunk from closing.

At this point, I woke up.

To me, the big house represents me; who I really am and what I'm capable of. The people ignoring me represents that either people can't or won't see the real me, thus give me no respect. The cop car represents the respect I used to have or that I want, and the pizza signs keeping the trunk from closing represent my dislike for my job and how it's holding me back.

Do you think my interpretations of this dream are accurate?

No comments: