Friday, September 28, 2007

Lack of Inspiration

I'm fatigued, distracted, and I don't have anything in particular to write about. This isn't a good combination for blog writing, needless to say.

I'm tired because I've not been getting enough sleep and have been burning the candle and both ends.

I'm distracted partially because of the fatigue. I've also set up two new blogs in the last month; one at Blogspot and, of course, the one here. I'm still in the process of transferring and categorizing entries, one by one, to Blogspot from Blog City. On EFX, I've recently gotten my blog how I want it to look, and now that I've got all my entries restored, I'm going back through old entries, re-categorizing them and setting them to allow comments and trackbacks. This is tedious work that I can only stand to do for short periods each day.

I've also joined Good Reads and I'm busily entering and rating books. I've got them categorized until basic classifications and will subdivide them into more specific categories at some time. This project will be an ongoing thing for me for some time to come.

If I had something to write about that I could just write straight off the top of my head, I could knock out an entry, no matter how tired I was. However, for topics I'd have to research first to get my facts straight and to gather as much information as possible before writing, I'm too tired to do justice to this type of entry right now. I'm too weary to summon up enough concentration to cobble together information effectively so that I could write about it coherently.

So, I'm going to knock off for now and try to get some sleep.

No comments: