Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Disgusting Internet Ads

What’s up with all the disgusting, puke-inducing internet ads I’m seeing everywhere on the net lately.

You know the ones: magnified, close-up pictures of yellow teeth, toe fungus, severe acne, distorted photoshopped photos of belly fat, animated asses that swell and reduce over and over, and the like.

Such ads are always placed front and center, where you can’t avoid them by averting your eyes. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to have a magnified picture of toe rot staring me in the face when I’m trying to read a website.

Most of these ads have the clickable words “learn more” below the nasty image being foisted upon us. Learn more? I’m already nauseated having seen the first picture. Do these idiots think I’m going to click to go se more pictures, so I can make sure to lose my lunch?

I understand that those selling products to cure these various problems have a right to advertise. But do they have to show us graphic, billboard-size images of the “before” pictures? People who have these problems and who could benefit from the products know what it looks like and don’t need to see it plastered all over the internet any more than the rest of us do.

Pardon me while I go blow some chunks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree. These ads are disgusting. I guess they got the desired effect of being noticed. Probably we should complain to the owner of the website. Think that would do any good?