Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Doing My Part

It’s been said that George Bush won re-election based largely on voters in the South and Midwest voting according to “moral values”, despite the fact that anyone can freely adhere to or disregard whichever moral ideals they wish, regardless of who the President is.

As for myself, I voted for Kerry, based on economic issues, more specifically in response to declining job opportunities and the staggering deficit Bush has managed to run up. So far as “moral values” go, those who don’t believe in abortion don’t have to have one and those who don’t believe in gay marriage don’t have to marry someone of the same sex! And I don't see anything "moral" about more and more people unemployed and underemployed, not being able to sufficiently support their families.

With this reason for Bush's re-election in mind, I intend to carry on, as usual, in my happy, amoral, libertine oasis, doing my part to piss off the right wing.

No comments: