Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Quotes and Comments


God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.

-- Voltaire

As a kid, I always wondered if God -- if God did indeed exist -- created the human race simply for amusement in a fit of boredom and loneliness. I always reasoned that an infinite being could have created perfect human beings, but that we were purposely designed to make mistakes, as that's infinitely more interesting and amusing that predictable perfection.
___________________________________

Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.

-- James M. Barrie

I've never had a job where I could go with the flow and work with my strengths and natural interests. I've always been obliged to take jobs where I had to fight my weaknesses in order to do the job. One day, it would be nice to actually have a job I didn't dread going in to.
___________________________________

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't.

-- Anatole France

I've always believed that the beginning of wisdom is realizing just how much one does NOT know and the beginning of maturity is realizing that your parents weren't so stupid, after all.

No comments: