Saturday, April 8, 2006

Obnoxious Commercials

We all have commercials we love to hate. These are commercials that make you nearly break the buttons on the remote in your haste to change the channel every time they come on.

And have you ever noticed that the most obnoxious commercials are the ones they show most frequently. Many times, they'll show the same inane ad twice in a row.

I've had numerous commercials over the years that I've loved to hate, but my latest series of commercials I love to hate are those advertising the soda, Sierra Mist. In the last year they've had several moronic commercials: one with one guy in an office smelling everyone's breath to see who drank his Sierra Mist, and another with a guy who'd double parked who bribed a police officer with a bottle of the stuff to get out of getting a ticket. But the latest ad has to take the prize as the most asinine commercial in the series: a man is going through an airport security checkpoint and the female officer makes this "weep, weep" noise with her mouth every time she sweeps her metal detector wand over his Sierra Mist.

I can't even escape this idiotic ad campaign when I'm in the car listening to the radio. They've got an ad for Sierra Mist Free where a woman thinks the soda is free and the store clerk tells her it's a buck and they go round and round with the misunderstanding. It's almost enough to make me want to rip the radio out of my car and throw it out the window.

What are your "favorite" commercials you love to hate?

No comments: