Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Name That Tune

I haven't done a Name That Tune entry in a long time, so here goes. Same rules apply: 5 points for correct song, 5 points for correct musician. Enjoy!

1. When I step out
I'm going to do you in

2. You got mud on yo' face
You big disgrace
Kickin' your can all over the place

3. I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag,
I was schooled with a strap right across my back

4. If the real thing dont do the trick
You better make up something quick

5. Like a lazy flowing river
Surrounding castles in the sky

6. Did she make you cry
Make you break down
Shatter your illusions of love

7. You don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell you body to the night

8. It's late in the evening; she's wondering what clothes to wear.
She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair.

9. Your hands build me up when I'm sinking
Just touch me and my troubles all fade

10. Don't sit cryin' over good things you've had,
There's a girl right next to you
And she's just waiting for something you do.

11. You're digging for gold, you're throwing away
A fortune in feelings, but someday you'll pay

12. And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse

13. I was cutting the rug
Down at a place called The Jug
With a girl named Linda Lou

14. Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear

15. When lonely days turn to lonely nights
You take a trip to the city lights

16. You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free

17. Maybe you'll get a replacement
There's plenty like me to be found

18. Ah so let her go don't start spoiling the show
It's a bad dream

19. You're still the one that makes me strong
Still the one I want to take along

20. They headed down to, ooh, old El Paso
That's where they ran into a great big hassle

21. See, don't ever set me free
I always wanna be by your side

22. I really must confess right here
The attraction was purely physical

23. Yeah, I'd like to hear some funky dixieland
And dance a honky tonk

24. And an old guitar is all he can afford
When he gets up under the lights to play his thing

25. And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance

3 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

K, well I don't know much unless I hear the tunes so..

2. We will rock you by Queen. I heart that song. :)

That's all I know. I recognized a few, but couldn't place them

Ted said...

Heya Libertine :)

I'm a bit like Chica, a fair few ring a bell but not enough of one...

2. Queen, We will rock you

7. Sting (Police?), Roxanne

19. ?? (several have done it but can't think of one) You're still the one

24. Dire Straits, ? (not sure of title)

25. ? (Really should know who it is) American Pie

That's all I could get. Have a feeling there's an ELO one in there too but not sure enough, and perhaps a Heart one possibly even the obvious one(or would have been obvious a few months ago) but not sure enough to guess it hehehe

Unknown said...

I'm not good at remembering lyrics unless they are Steely Dan songs. I don't think you had any of them, or I sure missed it. Here are the ones I know.

2. Queen (that one was easy)
11. Foreigner
12. Rolling Stones